Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Reformed and Baptist: the third wave - Reformation21 Blog

Reformed and Baptist: the third wave - Reformation21 Blog

This is an excellent article on the Particular or Reformed Baptists and their arising in England in the 1630s... and how they saw themselves as the third wave of Reformers of the Church.  I am proud to be descended from this line of godly men in though and conviction... but of late I am wondering if they reformed the church enough?  Was not the early Church Jewish in origin, and they held to the feasts and ordinances of Judaism in the "New Covenant," recognizing that they were fulfilled in Messiah.

I am not prepared to, nor do I have the time to go into this in full detail, but you may notice this appearing more in my blog in the future, being driven to despair over the falling away of many in my demomination, and the theological compromise being promoted and taught by leadership, that ha Adonai has used in turning me to the faith of Messianic Judaism.  I can still rightly retain my convictions held as as a Particular or Reformed Baptist, but enjoy more fullness in my faith, and understand more of the mysteries and prophecies of the feasts and within the very life of Judaism.  And no, this is not trying to be justified under the Torah.  Its recognition that only Messiah could fulfill the Torah.  We know that no one is justified by observing the Torah, but through faith in Yeshua the Messiah (Gal 2:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment