Sunday, November 18, 2012

Praying Scripturally for Israel


When many believers pray,  there are a number who like to pray scriptures, G-d’s own words.  This morning as I lay in bed, I don’t know if I should say a fire came in my belly, or rather, it bubbled up within me.  As I lay there, these thoughts arose from down inside my bowels.

 

Abba, Father (Mk. 14:36; Rom 8:15; Gal. 4;6), you have made known the end from the beginning, that you will accomplish all your good pleasure.  (Is. 46:10).  You foretold through your servant Moses, that Israel would go into exile amidst all the nations of the earth, but that in the last days, you would bring your holy people back to the land You promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. (Deut. 30:3-5; Gen. 15:7, 24:7,26:3, 48:4).  You predicted Father in Your holy Word, that the nations would come against Your holy people to possess their land  (Ezek. 36:1-12; Zech. 12:3). 

Father, we pray your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven (Mt. 6:10).  We pray that You will establish Your shalom and Your salvation in Jerusalem, and in Israel, according to Your Name (Ps. 122:1; 1 Ptr. 1:5).   That you would vindicate Your name, against the objects of wrath, that You, O Sovereign LORD, prepared for destruction, that the objects of your mercy might know the riches of Your grace towards us in Yeshua ha Moshiach (Rom 9:22-23, 12:19).

Father, and by Your abundant mercy, in this last hour, in Your wrath, remember mercy (Hab. 3:2).

Zephaniah 3:8-10  8 "Therefore wait for Me," declares the Adonai, "For the day when I rise up as a witness. Indeed, My decision is to gather nations, To assemble kingdoms, To pour out on them My indignation, All My burning anger; For all the earth will be devoured By the fire of My zeal.  9 "For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, That all of them may call on the name of the Adonai, To serve Him shoulder to shoulder.  10 "From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia My worshipers, My dispersed ones, Will bring My offerings.

 And with Israel, we say, "For Your Yeshuah we wait, O Adonai" Gn. 49:18.

No comments:

Post a Comment